Courtesy of Mosca’s Restaurant, Avondale, Louisiana
makes 2 to 4 servings
- 2 pounds large (21–30 count) Louisiana shrimp, peeled and deveined, with tails left on
3/4 cup olive oil
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 teaspoon dried oregano
1 teaspoon dried rosemary
3 bay leaves
6-10 cloves unpeeled garlic, mashed
1/2 cup dry white wine
- Add the shrimp, oil, salt, pepper, oregano, rosemary, bay leaves, and garlic to a large skillet set over medium-high heat.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 7 minutes until shrimp are pink and the liquid in the pan is nearly gone.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and add the wine.
- Cook at a low simmer until the liquid is reduced by half, about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Serve the shrimp hot with the pan juices. Use French bread to mop up the sauce.
Recipe and small burst of sunshine courtesy of Louisiana Cookin’ Magazine. Be sure to check out this fantastic magazine for yourself for more comfort and good food.