This recipe comes from Louisiana Cookin’ Magazine April 2011. *
- 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1/2 pound sliced white mushrooms
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 10.75-ounce cans cream of potato soup
- 2 15-ounce cans corn, undrained, or kernels from 4 ears fresh corn
- 1 pound peeled Louisiana crawfish tails with fat
- 2 cups half-and-half
- Tony Chachere’s Creole Seasoning
Melt butter in a heavy skillet, preferably cast iron, set over medium heat. Add the green onions and mushrooms and sauté until onions are wilted, about 5 minutes.
Add cream cheese and cook until melted and blended, about 4 minutes. Add soup, corn, and crawfish tails and cook until blended, about 5 minutes.
Stir in the half-and-half and heat through, about 6 minutes. Season with Tony Chachere’s seasoning. Serve hot.
* This recipe was originally published with the wrong title. Since then, we have corrected the error and published the correct recipe with the correct title.