Another great recipe from Louisiana Cookin’ Magazine.
MAKES 4 SERVINGS
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup finely chopped Louisiana pecans
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley or chives
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh gingerroot
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 6-ounce salmon steaks
- 1 tablespoon pecan oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
In a small mixing bowl, combine the pecan butter ingredients; beat until well blended. Set aside. Rub salmon steaks with oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill, broil, or pan-sear for 4 to 5 minutes on each side or until salmon is cooked to desired doneness. Transfer to dinner plates or serving platter; top each with a dollop of pecan butter. Pass the remaining butter.