This recipe comes from Louisiana Cookin’ Magazine
MAKES 4 SERVINGS
- 1/4 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄3 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup strong brewed coffee
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1 large egg (or 2 tablespoons egg substitute or pasteurized egg)
- 2 tablespoons powdered pectin (such as Sure-Jell)
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 small heads radicchio, leaves separated
- 2 heads Belgian endive, leaves separated
- 1 small head frisée, leaves separated
For the dressing combine water, vinegar, oil, coffee, molasses, egg, pectin, garlic, salt, and red pepper flakes in a medium bowl. Whisk until combined. Store in refrigerator until ready to use.
Combine the radicchio, endive, and frisée in a large bowl.
Add some dressing and toss to combine.