MAKES 4 SERVINGS
Courtesy of Chef Ryan Gall, Salu, New Orleans and Louisiana Cookin’ Magazine
- 8 Medjool dates, pitted and sliced lengthwise
- 3 tablespoons Mascarpone cheese, softened
- 4 slices apple-smoked bacon, par-cooked and halved
- 2 ounces arugula
- 1 ounce roasted red peppers julienne
- 1/2 teaspoon capers
- Lemon Vinaigrette (recipe follows)
Preheat oven to 350°F.
Open the dates, taking care not to break them. Using a small teaspoon, fill each date with a generous portion of mascarpone. Gently close each date and wrap the width of each with a strip of bacon.
Place dates in a small baking pan and roast until heated through, and the bacon is crisp, not burned, 12 to 15 minutes.
Toss the arugula with the red peppers, capers, and lemon vinaigrette. Serve with stuffed dates, 2 per serving.
MAKES 1 CUP
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 ounce rice wine vinegar
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
Add lemon juice and vinegar to a mixing bowl. Whisk in the oil. Season with salt and pepper.