The following recipe comes to us courtesy of Louisiana Cookin’ Magazine.
Abita Root Beer Float with Sassafras Creole Cream Cheese Ice Cream
MAKES 6 SERVINGS
Courtesy of Jeremy Langlois, executive chef, Houmas House Plantation, Darrow
- 6 scoops Sassafras Creole Cream Cheese Ice Cream (recipe follows)
- 6 bottles Abita Root Beer™
Working with 6 tall glasses, add one scoop ice cream to each glass.
Top each with root beer. Serve with tall spoons and straws.
Sassafras Creole Cream Cheese Ice Cream
- 2 (12 ounce) cartons Creole Cream Cheese
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- pinch cinnamon
- pinch nutmeg
- 2 tablespoons fresh vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon filé powder
Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and blend thoroughly. Place ice cream mixture into an ice cream machine and blend according to manufacturer’s instructions. Store in freezer until needed.