MAKES 6 SERVINGS
This recipe first appeared in the August 2009 issue of Gourmet.
- 2 navel oranges
- 1 pint Louisiana strawberries, quartered
- 2 Haas avocados, halved, pitted, peeled, and cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice, in all
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 6 cups baby arugula
- 4 ounces mild goat cheese, crumbled
Cut and peel all white pith from oranges.Working over a bowl, cut segments free from membranes. Reserve any juice in another bowl, squeezing membranes for more juice.
In another bowl, gently toss together orange segments, strawberries, avocados, and 1 teaspoon lime juice.
To bowl holding reserved orange juice, add oil, remaining lime juice, salt, and pepper. Add arugula, toss, and divide among 6 plates. Top with avocado-strawberry mixture and sprinkle with cheese.
Recipe courtesy of Louisiana Cookin’ Magazine