This recipe comes to us courtesy of Louisiana Cookin’ Magazine
Pimento Cheese Deviled Eggs
MAKES 12 SERVINGS
- 6 hard-boiled eggs, peeled
- 1/4 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon canned chopped pimentos, drained
- 2 to 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons Creole mustard
- 2 teaspoons grated onions
- hot sauce, to taste
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Cut the eggs in half and carefully remove the yolks.
Put the yolks in a bowl with the cheese, pimentos, mayonnaise, mustard and onions and blend. Season with hot sauce, salt, and pepper.
Fill the egg whites with equal amounts of the mixture and garnish with a sprinkling of paprika.
Keep chilled until serving.