This recipe comes to us from Louisiana Cookin’ Magazine.
MAKES 2 SERVINGS
From David Turgeon
- 10 each Louisiana shrimp (21-25 count)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 each fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon shallots, chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fennel leaf, chopped
- 1/2 cup Absinthe
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons softened butter
- 2 cups cooked rice
- Salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
Dust shrimp with salt and white pepper. Heat olive oil in a large sauté pan, sauté shrimp with the julienned fennel bulb. Add garlic and shallots. Deglaze with Absinthe (use caution as the Absinthe may flame) add heavy cream and reduce by half, then add chopped fennel leaf, swirl in softened butter. Serve over rice.