Thanks to Louisiana Cookin’ for this recipe!
An outstanding summer starter with surprise ingredients. Refrigerate to let the flavors blend.
MAKES 10 (1 CUP) SERVINGS
- 8 cups seedless watermelon chunks
- 2 cucumbers, peeled, seeded, and cut into chunks
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 12-ounce jar roasted red peppers, drained
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup cranberry cocktail juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup raspberry vinegar
- salt to taste
- a generous dash Louisiana-style hot sauce
Place all ingredients in food processor, pulse until almost puréed or to desired consistency. Add more cranberry juice to thin, if needed.