Moist salmon burgers with a Horseradish Caper Sauce provide health benefits and truly are fantastic!
MAKES 6 SERVINGS
- 1 1/4 pounds salmon filets, skinless
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill leaves
- 1/2 cup Italian bread crumbs
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Horseradish Caper Sauce (recipe follows)
Get the grill ready to go. Trim the salmon and cut it into 2-inch cubes. Place the cubes in a food processor or chop them finely by hand. Remove from the food processor and place in a large bowl. Add the onion, mayonnaise, dill weed, and bread crumbs, mixing well. Season to taste with the salt and pepper. Shape the salmon mixture into 6 patties. Spray the grill with nonstick cooking spray and grill as you would your favorite burger, being careful not to overcook. Serve with Horseradish Caper Sauce.
Horseradish Caper Sauce
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon capers, drained
In a small bowl, stir together the mayonnaise, horseradish, lemon juice, onion, and capers. Refrigerate until serving.